Summary Report from City Council meeting of Monday, January 22, 2018:
- City Secretary Elizabeth Harrell was recognized for 15 years of service with the City of Oak Ridge North. Mrs. Harrell has been a police officer for 15 years and was recently named City Secretary.
- Sarah McClure, Community Programs Coordinator, announced that the City was named “Agency of the Year –Class 3 (under 40,000 population) by the Texas Public Pool Council for the City pool program. Ms. McClure also received a $1,000 scholarship for professional training.
- City Manager Vicky Rudy announced that the City received a $2,500 grant from Entergy Texas for the City’s Home Rehabilitation program.
- The City Council approved an ordinance amending and updating the Solid Waste guidelines to incorporate the new solid waste contract with Waste Management.
- Council authorized the use of the Oak Ridge North City Hall for the March 6, 2018 primary elections. This is a temporary location being used to accommodate flood damage from Harvey at other primary election locations.